Slots for virtual testimony on Jan. 29 are filling up fast! Please click here and sign up right away to provide testimony! Please click here and sign up right away to provide testimony!
If you can’t make the Jan. 29th virtual session there are also two in-person sessions you can attend:
- Eugene: Jan. 25 at the Lane Events Center, Room #4, W. 13th Ave.
- Astoria: Jan. 31 at the Loft at the Red Building, 20 Basin St.
For both in-person sessions, speaking slots are first-come, first-serve (so get there early!). Both meetings start at 5:30 p.m., with speakers allowed a maximum of 2 minutes.
Here are a few key talking points:
- The Board of Forestry needs to do the right thing and adopt the Habitat Conservation Plan without further delay. Please move forward the Alternative #3 of the HCP.
- The HCP isn’t perfect but it is a compromise between timber interests and moving toward sustainable forestry practices that will better protect habitats and also create better resiliency in the face of increasing fire risk, disease and climate change.
- The HCP will provide economic security for communities of place while better protecting habitats and threatened species like the Marbled Murrelet, Northern Spotted Owl and wild salmon runs.
- Oregonians overwhelmingly support prioritizing fish and wildlife habitat, clean water, and recreation on state lands in a recent poll. A strong HCP protects Oregon’s public lands legacy.
Thank you for speaking up for Oregon’s forests!