Embark on a creative adventure as you master the art of collaging a backyard bird with recycled painted paper in this in-person class. We'll dive into the vibrant world of the Spotted Towhee, a fanciful ground-dwelling sparrow, capturing its essence through a vivid blend of colors and thoughtful design that reflects both bird and habitat.Register!
In-Person Class Details
Fee: $55 members / $75 non-members per session
- Where: This class will be held in Heron Hall at Bird Alliance of Oregon, 5151 NW Cornell Road, Portland, OR 97210 unless otherwise noted.
- When: Saturday, June 22, 2024, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Supply List: Please bring supplies in a pack you can carry easily.
- Bring your supplies, lunch, snacks, and a water bottle.
- Classes are limited to 10 participants.
- Ages 18 and up
Meet the Instructor
I grew up a child of well-known artist parents in Trinidad, California, a small town known for its rain, fog, and coastal scenery. I spent most of my time outside at the beach, rivers, and in the woods which created a strong connection to nature. I studied drawing, painting, collage and ceramics; graduating from Humboldt State University with a bachelor’s degree in art. I treasure nature and animals, which have been incorporated into most of my pieces.
The Pacific Northwest and Mojave Desert provide a natural beauty that continues to inspire the development of my work. In my studio I can call on past and current experiences, visions and illustrations to create these unique impressions of the natural world. My physical journeys are reflected in my designs and I am intrigued to follow this path and see where it takes my art. I keep exploring the outdoors to develop this vision of the natural world as I see it.