The Bird Days of Summer
The Bird Days of Summer is Going Statewide!
Join us for our third annual The Bird Days of Summer this June, July, and August! This year, we’re taking this popular suite of programs statewide — and they’re free! Visit us in the sagebrush steppe in Harney County and Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, take a trip out to the Oregon Coast to learn about our work with Snowy Plover, or join us in the Portland metro area for fun-filled adventures centered around community and the joy of birds.
These free and laidback events are perfect for nature lovers of all ages! With outings spread across the state, folks can look forward to exploring the diverse flora and fauna of Oregon, while also learning more about birds, dragonflies, our conservation work, bats and more. See you soon!
Registration is live for The Bird Days of Summer!
The Bird Days of Summer are statewide this year! What you can expect is more fun and birdy events at the Coast, Malheur, and in Portland! Road trip to the Coast, the High Desert, or Urban Portland to join in the state-wide good times, brought to you by our Education and Conservation staff, as well as our partners this year: People of Color Outdoors, Topaz Farm, Guero Bird Club, Feminist Bird Club PDX, and Friends of Malheur. Thank you partners! We’d also like to thank Jasmine Vazquez, @jazimalart for the beautiful logo for this year!
The Bird Days of Summer is a series of super beginner-friendly programs for anyone curious about birds and nature. We’re combining community-building, exploration, and fun to create safe spaces for people to get to know each other as well as the birds. Binoculars provided if you let us know ahead of time (or bring your own!), and we’ll begin each program with a short “how-to” to help you get started.
All are welcome! Programs are FREE in 2023! Group sizes will be small, though, so advance registration is required.
Bird Alliance of Oregon Education builds just flyways between joy, learning and advocacy in nature. Through classes, trips, camps, public programs, and youth leadership, we expand access to the outdoors; amplify connections between birds, people and place; and create opportunities for people of all ages to love and care for nature in ways that are meaningful for them.
Important Registration Information
- We are excited to offer this suite of programs for free. Please be mindful that space is limited on these programs. If you register, don’t forget to add the program to your calendar. We will send out a reminder one week ahead of time. If you need to cancel, write to the program lead listed on each event so that we can offer your space to someone else. We greatly appreciate notice at least a week ahead of time if possible. No shows and cancellations will be flagged and you will no longer be eligible to enroll in free programming. Thanks!
- Programs are listed by month and then location within each month.
- Your trip leader will email you with details like meeting place, what to bring, etc ahead of the outing.
- We rely on the support of generous donors to keep these programs free. Please consider giving to the Spencer Higgins Education Fund today to ensure environmental education is accessible to all. Thank you!
- A How to Guide for Accessing Your Account and Completing Registration Forms